Sometimes I feel like my devotion to objective analysis has killed my irrational and unbridled fandom. So please, allow me to quickly exault about what an awesome, perfect day of baseball it was today:
- Phil Hughes went 6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K against the Indians.
- Joba Chamberlain relieved Hughes and posted 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- The Yankees beat the Indians, gaining ground in the Wild Card
- Detroit lost to the A’s, losing ground in the Wild Card
- Seattle lost to the White Sox, losing ground in the Wild Card
- The Mets blew a 3-2 9th inning lead against the Marlins, losing them the game
- Eric Gagne blew a 5-1 8th inning lead for the Red Sox, ultimately leading to a game-winning sacrifice fly by Nick Markakis in the bottom of the 9th. The division lead is at 5 games.
When I wake up tomorrow, I will revert to my usual analytical, objective, somewhat detached and perpetually worried about the Yankees form. But for tonight, I am one happy fan.